In some US states, parenting classes are required after divorce. Statistics show that a great number of parents find the information they learn in those classes useful. So the debate states: Shouldn’t this classes be mandatory for example in high schools?
The first article talks about Minnesota and a law that would make parenting classes mandatory after divorce.
http://hastings-cottagegrove.kstp.comMon, 01 Apr 2013 03:59:35 GMT
“All divorcing couples with minor children in Minnesota may soon have to take mandatory parenting classes. There’s bipartisan support in the legislature for a bill that would upgrade the current law. Right now, only parents in …”
In some states or cities, there are things you cannot do if you don’t attend them, such as petitions for custody or parenting time.
http://pfs2law.wordpress.comThu, 03 Jun 2010 22:15:15 GMT
“Parenting classes are mandatory in Multnomah, Clackamas, and Washington counties. The failure to timely complete the class could have a negative effect on your ability to enforce your parenting time rights and could …”
Finally, in the next article, the usefulness of this is discussed.
http://divorceclass.blogspot.comSun, 27 Jan 2013 16:49:00 GMT
“Are Parenting Classes Helpful? Although 4-hour parenting classes are mandatory in many states for divorcing parents with minor children, many parents are often resistant to take them. They usually make arguments such as, …”
Do you agree that all parents should be required to atend parenting classes? We would love to know your opinions. Please leave a comment below.
Incoming search terms:
- debate should parenting classes be mandatory
- mandatory parenting facts
- should parenting classes be madnatory
- should parents be required to take parenting classes
- why parenting classes should be mandatory
- Video Parenting Classes Helping Teen Moms - The Epoch Times
- Montessori parenting classes to start in January - Nursery World (subscription)
- Center Gives Free Parenting Classes, Equipment - CIproud.com
- Parenting classes take France by storm - Oman Daily Observer
- Foster care parenting classes to start Saturday - Kansas.com
- Preparing for your Newborn - Parenting U - Childrens Hospital & Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska
- Divorce-Parenting-Classes (4) Parallel Parenting Part 1
- parenting classes.early childhood intervention.behavior modification.good parenting skills
- Parenting Classes - Advice On Raising Children
- Parenting classes bolster family ties (17.6.2012)